Friday, September 18, 2009

Show & Tell: Good Food Writing and Bad Food Photography

For this week's Show & Tell, I happened across a great example of not only good food writing, but a great design as well.



The text is a little hard to read, but essentially the piece talks about the used of spices to accentuate the taste food without the use of salt. The layout of the different spices and herbs is really caught my attention, and since I try to do all my cooking without salt, I found the article really intriguing.

As for my example of bad food photography, the piece I found was, in my opinion, distracting from the piece that it was supposed to be accompanying.



The image in the photo is so hard to see because of the extreme focus on the foreground. I left wondering not only about what it was I was looking at, but also what was in the the rest of the image to complement the Chicken with Green Peppercorn Sauce (and the only reason I know is because of the caption).

Both of my pieces we found in the March issue of Cooking Light magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment