Friday, October 2, 2009

Show & Tell: Concept

For my show and tell for this week, I am only able to write about it online because every times I tried to scan it, a moiré pattern developed and it looked ridiculous. But fear not fellow classmates, for I will bring it to class tomorrow to show.

Anyway, I found an ad for Dole Diced Pears in my Fitness magazine and the concept really appealed to me. It depicts an upside down pear with a parking meter built into it that reads "Expired" along with the tag line below that reads "The goodness of fresh fruit, without the time limit."

I just thought this was very clever and, although simplistic, well thought out. The similarity in shape between the pear and a parking meter is exploited, but done so in a seamless way that really works for it.

I kinda want a pear now...but I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment