Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Designer's Eye: Bloomingdale's Indy Film Posters



I found these images in an advertisement brochure for Bloomingdale's department store in Vanity Fair magazine. Each is a movie poster for short independent films that were produced by Bloomingdale's and a production house called Young Indies.

I was very impressed with the design of each stylistacally different poster for the films that were competing for a chance to go to the Independent Spirit Awards. All five films were directed by emerging filmmakers and were all pretty different in premise, if not in genre.

Of all five posters, I probably like the third in the series the best. The fantastic use of type-as-image really draws the eye through the entire poster. I also found the text for the fourth poster in the series a little distracting. I have never been too big of a fan of splitting words over two lines in that manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment