Friday, October 9, 2009

Show & Tell: Collection - Autographed Hockey Pucks

One of the many things that I am collecting these days are autographed hockey pucks for the Philadelphia Flyers and their American Hockey League affiliate, the Adirondack (formerly Philadelphia) Phantoms. Each puck in my collection is unique and has some significance or commemorates an event (i.e. the Phantoms' 2005 Calder Cup Championship Team or the 2008 Eastern Conference Quarter Finals series between the Flyers and the Caps) and each is signed by someone who contributed to the event.

I got my first signed puck back in high school, but really didn't start collecting them in earnest until 2005. I've got 11 pucks in my collection so far, but 3 of them are awaiting autographs. Below is an image of a game-used puck, similar to one I have in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment