Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Designer's Eye: Great Tastes Bag Design


I happen to see this bag while I was out and about yesterday and the design really caught my attention. It was a tote bag that featured simple line art designs that really captured the essence of what the bag was advertising.

Under each image was a word that was supposed to be associated with the image. This is where my only complaint in the design comes. Under the image of a wine glass is the word "Wine", which make perfect sense, while the other two images seem out of place with their word. I associate the image of the fork more with "Food" and the image of the skillet more with "Cooking". Were I the art director, I would have just switched the last two images to keep with the symmetry created by the words below.

Aside from that, the design is great. I love the choice of colors which really utilize the color of the bag into the design without seeming forced. The design works well enough that I could see it being used on many different marketing items (i.e. postcards, t-shirts, magnets, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment