Saturday, November 28, 2009

Show & Tell: Collection - Pint Glasses

Since we didn't have an assigned Show & Tell for this week, I decided to show another one of my collections: My Pint Glass Collection. I started collecting them about five or six years ago and started by picking them up in places that I visited. As I got older, I joined a few beer clubs and received glasses for participating, while some of the others I received as gifts. Pictured below are some of my favorites from my collection.


These are some of my "Toon Tumblers" which are pint glasses that are sold exclusively at certain comic book conventions and other comic events. (Left to Right: Captain America - Heroes Con in 2006; Superman - New York Comic-Con 2009; Ghost Rider - New York Comic-Con 2007; and Hot Stuff - The Harvey Awards Banquet, Baltimore Comic-Con in 2007).


These glasses I've picked up from various clubs or received as gifts (Left to Right: Pint Club - DuClaw's Beer Club; Omega Epsilon - 15 Year Anniversary of my fraternity; Wolaver's - gift from a organic microbrewery; Wharf Rat - Pratt Street Ale House Beer Club).



These are some of the glasses that I've picked up during my travels (Left to Right: Jekyll and Hyde Club - New York, NY; Joe's Crab Shack - Charlotte, NC; Flyers - Philadelphia, PA; Hard Rock Amusement Park, Myrtle Beach, NC).

2 comments:

  1. Love the glasses! I too collect them, but most of mine are "borrowed" although my favorite one is one that I paid for at Pyramid Breweries in Portland. It's a 24oz. Hefeweisen glass and goes absolutely wonderfully with a nice crisp Pyramid Apricot Ale. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man! I've got a few "borrowed" glasses as well, I just chose to leave the off in case someone was looking for them, haha!

    ReplyDelete