Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Designer's Eye: Logo Obsession, Pt. 1

I found myself board at work the other day, so I picked up a magazine to help kill the time. It was a magazine I didn't really expect to see in this area, as it was Savannah Magazine, but as I started to look though I was captivated by the different logos that were throughout the issue. I am obsessed with logos. I feel they are one of the most captivating, yet difficult design elements to create and utilize correctly.

This issue was busting with examples of logos. In my opinion, some of them were bad while some of them seemed to work fairly well, but some of them were great. Below are a few examples of the ones that really stood out to me and why (there are quite a few, so I'm splitting this into 2 entries).


I think the logo for Comfort Keepers really works to express the nature of the organization. The cool color of the house is offset by the warm color of the people, hand and heart, expressing that their organization brings warmth and care to the home of who they care for.

I am a huge fan of these types of logos, as I've mentioned in previous posts. The use of the fashion model in place of the "I" is eye-catching and really brings a sense of elegance to the design. The only thing I would have done differently is give the top line of text some extra room to breath.

This simple logo plays of off the name "Chroma" to create a visual element that relates to what the word represents.

This logo features a great play-on-words tag line that really drew me into it. The simple lines and easy to read text, along with the visual of the fork, really draw the piece together.
This logo really caught my attention for it's simplistic nature and use of only text in a stylized font. The "J" separating "Parker" works for me, as does the "Limited" crossing over the letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment