Friday, October 16, 2009

Show & Tell: A Call to Action


This flyer was emailed to me about two months ago by a friend of mine in the comic industry. It's a rallying cry of sorts to independent creators to come together and create comics for the week between Christmas and New Years. This year, Diamond Comic Distributors (the main distributor of English-language comics in much of the world) decided not to ship new comic books to shops the Wednesday between the two holidays. This has opened an opportunity for indy creators to get there book in front of potential buyers.

The concept is simply, but concise: something is better than nothing. The call to action is direct: "Start writing, start drawing, start something new!"

2 comments:

  1. I found a few ads in magazines with the same idea, "start something." Even though I have seen it before, and used in different ways I think it is a strong concept. At least I know it makes me feel like I need to get off my lazy butt and do SOMETHING...it might as well be this, or that.

    ReplyDelete